So this is pretty cool! Stephanie Clark from Fashion by Stephanie nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!
You may be asking, what is this award? Well...
"...The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."
Well isn't that a buncha compliments stuffed into one tiny word! Thank you so much, Stephanie for the nomination! I'm quite honored.
Here are the answers to your question:
1. How did you get into blogging?
Well imagine a very bored teenage girl, stuck at home during the summer, with nothing but a passion for fashion. That girl was me. I had been fostering a love for fashion ever since the beginning of senior year. Over the year, my best friend, Mackenzie mentions that I should start my own blog. So it's summer, and I'm just like, why not? I can become the inspiration for others than just be the follower! :)
2. How would you describe your style?
I would say that my style is pretty diverse. I range from vintage to modern, but I always have to have some edge in it. I'm not into pastel colors or flowy fabrics. I have a slightly harsh personality which I represent in my outfits. I'm also a very bold girl so I do pops of colors a lot.
3. Who is your style icon?
I honestly don't have a singular style icon. I see what's trending from the blogging community. From there, I pick and choose which trends fit my personal style. Because in the end of the day, I have to stay true to myself.
4. How do you make your blog stand out from others?
Honestly, I don't do anything but be myself. I would say that since my personal style is pretty eclectic, my followers never know what to expect. So I guess that's something about me that's different from other bloggers.
5. What are your favorite designers/stores?
Well, I usually shop at Forever 21 or H&M since I am a broke teenager, but they are by far not my favorite. All the places I really like are too pricy, like Urban Outfitters and Madewell. If I could buy everything from one place though, I'd buy everything on NastyGal. They are freaking amazing and edgy...and overpriced..Oh yea, I love Jeffrey Campbell, enough said.
6. Do you wish to do anything fashion-wise in your career? And if so, what?
I definitely want to spend the rest of my life working with fashion, but I'm not sure the practicality of that. It is a really hard industry to succeed in. I actually wanted to be America's Next Top Model from 3rd grade to 8th grade, but then I came to terms that I am too short to even try out, but I think being a stylist would be the funnest thing in the world!
7. Do you have any other interests aside from fashion?
Of course I do! I love cheerleading. I was on my school's varsity cheerleading squad for 3 years, and I definitely want to continue in college. It's such a misunderstood sport. It actually should be in the Olympics, really. I also love watching dance. It's beautiful! Even though I have absolutely no future in ballet or contemporary (I sucked haha), I would really like to learn hip hop! Some other things that I care about is: humanities, the environment, traveling/cultures.
8. Where in the world would you like to travel to one day?
I'm not really sure where I would like to travel. Ideally, I'd say everywhere, but I really want to go to the Caribbean. It's cliche I know, but the water is so clear, clean and shallow! I would like to stay in those huts built on short stilts on top of the water! :) So romantic!
9. What is your favorite movie at the moment?
I don't really have a favorite American movie lol. I really like L is for Love, L is for Lies. It's Hong Kong-nese, and it makes me cry every single time! Definitely check it out! It has subtitles!
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to sleep, play iPhone games, watch movies, and read. I'm so lame I know, but staying home is so relaxing!
11. What makes you, you?
Haha! Well, I think people would define me as pessimistic, perfectionist, critical, sarcastic, and very blunt. I stay above the influence, and stay true to myself. I don't mind speaking my mind, but it's not like I'm heartless either. I care about the environment deeply, and I can't wait to start my own family! I value family time! This corrupted, power-hungry world has made me pretty cynical though..
So the Liebster Award is a tag award. Here are the 5 blogs that I found most deserving of this award:
1. Neon Book
5. Emilee Anne
My questions for you are:
1. How did you get interested in fashion?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What are 3 words that describe your personality?
4. Describe your style.
5. How do you shop when you're on a budget?
6. What/who is your favorite store/designer?
7. If you had a time machine, where/when would you go and why?
9. What is your dream job? Why?
10. How would you change the world if you could in one way?
11. What do you think every girl should have in their closet?
1. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you. Then create 11 of your own questions for the people you will tag.
2. Choose 5 people to nominate the award and notify (via comment, message, etc).
3. Link the tagger and the nominees in your post.